6 April 2008

Your Starter at Tens...

Well, the blog is only 4 days old but has already tipped the winner of the Grand National! Comply or Die did the business for us at 7/1 but I hope you were on at my advised 10/1.
Turning into the straight, you just knew Timmy Murphy had the race in the bag as his mount had proven stamina and he galloped all the way to the line.
I thought I might have pulled off the 1-2 but Bewleys Berry just lacked that extra bit of speed in the end but still finished a creditable fifth.

The National is always a great race to watch even if you have no financial interest involved. Here are some of my highlights: (view the race again at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/7332863.stm)
Tumbling Dice firing his jockey into the turf at the 3rd fence,
J Barry's craziness in going right up the inner (where the jump is bigger) at Becher's Brook and inevitably falling,
The first words Tony McCoy said after falling at Becher's Brook (they obviously cannot be published on a website for all ages such as this).

So, does this signal the future of this blog? Will you followers prosper by taking my advice? Only time will tell, and that, my dear, is all your getting today.

No comments: