28 April 2008

Never Mind

It's just as well that this blog isn't set up primarily to give tips because since the Grand National winner, I havn't given any. However, my mate has got a tipping blog going (http://jimmypugh.blogspot.com/) and he tipped 6 winners last week. I'll leave it to him.

Anyway, this is a big sporting week, what with the Champions' League Semis and the Guineas at Newmarket. I shall be making a trip to HQ on Saturday to see the 2000 Guineas and it should be a great race.
On the football front, as a Reds fan, I hope Liverpool can get a few goals at Stamford Bridge and sail through to the final in Moscow. With the other semi, I hope Barcelona can win just to see the look on the Man Utd fans' faces - a lot of them have already bought Russian visas at £60 a go. The arrogance!
With the Premier League though, I think it will be a tough call. Man U probably have the easier two games with West Ham and Wigan whereas Chelsea play a resurgent Newcastle and Bolton. It will be a close encounter whatever the results.

I've heard it on the grape vine that if Leeds win their appeal to get back the 15 points they were deducted at the beginning of the season, something radical might happen to League One. The FA could allow 3 automatic promotion places into the Championship while keeping the 4 play-off places, in effect meaning that 4 teams will get promoted from League One. This would make a 25 team Championship next year. That would be some league!

No comments: