20 April 2009

Well, in hindsight, it was a difficult task. 40 runners - one winner. And 100/1 it was. Hopefully we won't let a talented horse like Mon Mome slip through the net again.

Attentions now turn to the flat with the season truly underway at the Craven meeting. The Craven itself, and the Nell Gwyn, I would ignore as trials for the Guineas as it is more the case nowadays that the winner is unlikely to run before the big day. Crowded House is looking good then.

Talking of Delegator and his stablemate 'The House', we come to Jamie Spencer. The cause of much debate, I am pleased to say, is ended here. Let me put it this way; even if I had a pretty naff and run-down bicycle, I wouldn't let him ride it. He is one of the riskiest jockeys to punt on. Why does he have to hold everything up? Not all horses can make up at least 10 lengths in a race. This, my friends is why he has never won an English Classic - you can't give ground away to good horses. Just look at Dancing Brave, not even a great thoroughbred such as him could do the impossible. If Spencer's on board Crowded House, my money will be elsewhere, and a potential triple-crown winner will be wasted.

Beware jockeys, don't become a member of my newly formed 'Bicycle List'!

No comments: