7 May 2008

Chester this week then and with the weather we're experiencing, it would be a joy to be there. I've ridden at the Roodeye a couple of times and it is some experience: because it is a track small in size, the place is always crammed full of scousers. When going to the start of a race, there are people everywhere; either side of you, up above you on the city wall and even below you in the tunnel under the track. To ride, the track is just one big bend - I don't even think the home stretch is straight. But be warned, if you're drawn wide, you might as well give up because the course exagerates the fact that the wider you go, the more ground you lose.
So, with this in mind, remember to back horses drawn low and look out for the Hollyoaks girls who occassionally frequent the Chesire track.

I know I said I shouldn't give any more tips but may I redeem myself? On Friday, NUMIDE is in the Ormonde stakes (2.45) at Chester and I think he'll be in with a squeek. On his best form, he is the best horse in the race and although this still maybe the case, he isn't guaranteed to try as hard as he should. Just look at his hurdles form; he won his first two races and then disappointed afterwards as soon as he figured out what it was all about. Hopefully, the return to the flat will spark him up and the oddity that is Chester racecourse will surprise him into running well.
Have a bit each-way at 6/1.

No comments: